- Oct 1 (Mon.)
- The IVC2019 web page is now open.
- Sep 28 (Fri.)
- The IVC2019 web page is now under construction.
- Sep 21 (Fri.)
- The Conference is reloaded, and will be held from 31st May to 3rd June, 2019 at the same venue with a similar program.
- Sep 7 (Fri.)
- LOC is sorry but the Conference is Cancelled because of the Earthquake in the early morning of 6th hit at Iburi, Hokkaido. SOC/LOC are now planning to postpone the conference in the near future.
- Jun 13 (Wed.)
- Program schedule outline released.
- Apr. 6 (Fri.)
- Deadline for early-bird registration extended to Apr. 18 (Wed.) 23:59 (UTC-12)
- Mar. 1 (Thu.)
- Registration open
- Feb. 19 (Mon.)
- Abstract submission and travel support application open
Following the successful series of Venus conferences (La Thuile, Aussois, Sicily, and Oxford), the Akatsuki team and community in Japan are planning to host a Venus conference in 2018. The dates will be 11-14 September 2018 and the location will be a beautiful resort in Hokkaido (it will not be skiing season though). The conference is supported by the Fujihara Foundation of Science so it is entitled "The 74th Fujihara Seminar".
The conference is intended to cover all areas of Venus science with special focus on new results obtained from Japan's Venus Climate Orbiter "Akatsuki". Results from previous missions, from ground-based observations, numerical computations, and theoretical works are all welcome.